Jim Schmiedlin decoy to be auctioned
March 19, 2022 at the Ohio Decoy Collectors and Carvers Show!
Hammer Price! No Premium
Ky Kraus Memorial AUCTION - Don't Miss this!
Ohio Decoy Collectors and Carvers
43rd annual SHOW and SALE
Saturday Auction March 19, 2022
Holiday Inn Cleveland South
6001 Rockside Rd.,
Independence OH 44131
2:30p.m. to 5 p.m. registration of auction items
6p.m. bidder sign-up and preview
6:30 auction and cocktail party starts in ballroom
HAMMER PRICE! No Premium!
A stunning red-breasted merganser hen, 1986, by Jim Schmiedlin, will be auctioned Sat., Mar. 19, 2022 in the Holiday Inn Cleveland South ballroom. Regarded to be one of the greatest contemporary decoy carvers, the decoy is signed, branded and stamped on the bottom with locations noted where Jim gunned over this beautiful bird. This generous donation is provided by his wife Debra Schmiedlin. Half of the proceeds will be donated to Jim's Journey ALS Memorial, the LiveLikeLou Foundation, and half to the ODCCA, a registered non-profit.
This decoy is one of over 40 fresh-to-market quality items to be auctioned.
Questions? Call Vic Sutek, (330)-206-4727, firstname.lastname@example.org
or Ken Yacavone, 330-651-7300, email email@example.com.
1. Only waterfowl related items will be accepted for the auction. No Firearms are permitted at the auction. Donations to the auction are always greatly appreciated.
2. Registration of the auction items will be Sat,. from 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Bidder sign-up and Preview 6 p.m. Auction starts at 6:30 p.m. in the ballroom.
3. All bidders must use a number in order to participate. Bidders must register Sat., at the table beginning at 6 p.m. Appropriate identification will be requested.
4. The ODCCA reserves the right to withdraw any item before the sale and shall have no liability whatsoever for such withdrawal. Only quality items will be accepted. Auction will feature no more than 50 items.
5. A reserve may be declared at the time of registration. The presence of a minimum bid will be made known at the time the item is auctioned. If the minimum bid is not reached, the item will not be sold, but a fee of $10 or 15% of the highest bid must be paid to the ODCCA.
6. The ODCCA does not certify nor guarantee the accuracy of the descriptions provided by the seller nor the authenticity of the items submitted for auction.
7. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be purchaser. In the event of a dispute between bidders, the auctioneer shall have absolute discretion as to who was the successful bidder or he may re-offer the disputed item for sale if he so wishes.
8. A 15% buyer’s premium will be added to all items sold to be paid by the buyer as part of the purchase price. A 15% seller’s premium or $15, whichever is greater, will be charged to the seller and will be deducted from the proceeds prior to disbursement of funds. ODCCA Members will be charged a reduced cost of 10% seller's premium or $10 whichever is greater. The premium goes to benefit the ODCCA. Click here to join!
9. No items will be released until paid for. Cash, Checks, Visa and Master Card only will be accepted with proper identification. Purchasers using a credit card will be charged a 3 percent credit card fee. All purchases must be claimed by the end of the auction.
10. Although care will be taken to safeguard and protect items submitted for auction, owners release the ODCCA, its representatives and the auctioneer from any losses due to theft, damage or other causes.
11. Payment to the seller of successfully auctioned items will
be made by check within 10 working days of the auction.
50th Ward World Championship
Wildfowl Carving Competition
and Art Festival
April 22, 23 & 24, 2022
Ocean City, Maryland at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center Show Hours:
For nearly 50 years the Ward World Championship has gathered hundreds of artists from around the globe for the largest bird carving competition in the world. Carvers from the United States, Canada, Japan, Russia and the United Kingdom make their annual pilgrimage to compete for a chance to win the coveted World Champion title, participate in the educational conference that enriches their talent, and immerse themselves in a celebration of wildfowl art.
The impact of this institution has grown dramatically from its origins as a grassroots effort to celebrate two exceptional bird carvers from Crisfield, MD whose talents were unmistakable. When one experiences the Ward Museum, they are part of an enduring celebration of the artistic, natural, and cultural legacy of these artists and the thousands of others who have captivated the world. You are invited to become a part of this story and discover why the Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, Salisbury University, is world renowned.
Click here for more information.
DCCA History Featured!
Don't miss the annual 2020 Competition Magazine published by Wildfowl Carving Magazine!
The history of the ODCCA is featured in a beautiful nine-page article. And you will see familiar names along with 55 photos of the winning entries in the Third Annual Online Competition.
High resolution photos, an index to artists, and captivating profiles of carvers from throughout the USA and Canada make this a great reference.
If you didn't already receive your copy in the mail, click here to find out more!